this post is sponsored by Nordstrom and ShopStyle
Did all of you survive Christmas? There are always the few days right before where I’m not sure I’ve gotten everything on my list accomplished and I just kind of throw up my hands and leave it up to the powers that be.
2020 wasn’t what I expected
I think we can all agree that 2020 is not the year any of us expected or wanted but I gotta be honest, it’s kind of the year I needed.
Hear me out…
…in addition to spending more time with my family and getting to know them all better. I’ve spent a lot of time getting to know myself. What makes me happy, how I feel my best, and what really works for me in areas of health, fitness, hairstyles (haha, this one has been a doozy!), and I gotta say, I think I’m coming into 2021 a much better version of myself.
SHOP THIS LOOK
fitness was a game-changer for me
As I said, fitness has been a big one for me this year as I figured out what worked for me at home. And one of my favorite brands to wear is Zella from Nordstrom. I’ve got quite a few pieces from them and every single piece stands the test of time. They are so well-made and have truly stood the test of time. I’ve had some of my oldest pieces for 4-5 years and they look and support me the same as when I first added them to my closet.
SHOP THIS LOOK
maintaining health and happiness in 2021
So as we step closer to a new year and new goals, mine are actually to maintain a lot of what I achieved in 2020! And I wanted to share with you the 5 things I’ve done consistently this year to keep up my health and my happiness:
- Exercise three times a week (at least) Exercising at least three times a week has helped me keep my sanity and help maintain my weight. I’ve sat around more than ever this year and online workout programs, our stationary bike, and free weights have given me a sense of routine and worked my mind and muscles.
- Drink water. I sound just like my mom here but I promise you, making water-drinking a habit will transform not just your health, but your skin, your mind, and your body.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables are packed with nutrients like vitamins and antioxidants which play a massive role in how your body functions on so many levels. It’s so easy to grab for a quick snack that comes from a package but swapping it for carrots, an apple, or some grapes will make a massive difference!
- Assess your mood. This one sounds silly but really get in tune with how you feel and what your body is telling you. Stop to consider your mental state. If you need time, take time. If you need to sleep, create a routine that allows you to do so. Listening to your body more in 2021 will change you for the better!
- Manage stress. Find outlets for yourself that act as stress-release conduits. Read, exercise, play music, go for a walk – anything that will allow you to let go of those burdening emotions like stress and work through them.
SHOP THIS LOOK
These aren’t scientific breakthroughs. They’re more like tried-and-true, work every time, types solutions and I really stand behind them. So as you go into 2021, do these 5 things to help maintain your health and happiness, and don’t forget, having a cute wardrobe to go along with your new goals can’t hurt! You can check out all my Zella picks below:
Happy New Year!