There are a couple of things in my life that I wear or use pretty religiously and one of those things is my Apple iWatch!
You can pick up both the Watch Series 3 and Series 4 from an Apple Store (or order one online). Prices range from $279 to almost $1,500. I’ll be the first to admit, $1,500 is a lot to pay for a watch! I have the Series 3 model and I feel like it’s totally adequate for what I need!
The next thing you need to choose is whether to get one with standard GPS or the more expensive cellular model, which uses an electronic SIM card to be able to make phone calls and get online independently of your iPhone. As well as the higher initial price, you’ll have additional running costs for data usage and network fees.
If you’re always likely to have both your iPhone and Watch on you at the same time, you really won’t see any benefit from the cellular connectivity, so it won’t be worth the cost – plus, it’s a total battery killer!
And I can count on one hand the times I’ve used my watch independent of my cell phone. So not worth it.
My Favorite Features
- The Series 3 sports a new sensor that can finally count stairs climbed and measure elevation gains – so helpful when you’re trying to get your steps in!
- This series also has the Nike+ Run Club app that offers in-run audio-coaching. Perfect for runners!
- It makes use of the watch’s heart rate sensor, including resting and recovery heart rate data. It also will have the ability to alert you when your heart rate is elevated but you’re not working out.
- The Series 3 gets the same 18-hour battery life it did before — and that includes Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and GPS. My watch battery does last forever!
- The face of the watch is totally customizable so I can have Mickey staring back at me while at Disneyland and I can have my more ‘business appropriate’ watch face all other times!
- It’s water-resistant! Water Lock is a new feature, added in the series 3, that locks the touchscreen to stop it being activated by moving water. It’s very handy (and activated automatically) when you do a swimming routine in the Workout app, but it’s also a good idea to turn it on manually in the shower, or even when it rains!
- I can listen to music! With my airpods, I can listen to music while I’m doing the dishes or when I run!
- It tracks my calorie burn, my stand goals, my steps, and activity! Here is a really great article about how to get the most out of Apple’s Activity App!
Seriously, you NEED one – I love it more than the fitbit and every other smartwatch! But what makes it even better is how much I can accessorize this sucker! Check out my favorite accessories and watch bands below…
Can we just stop for a minute and appreciate my dedication to Disney? This Mickey Mouse watch cover is worn EVERY TIME I go to Disneyland. And you’re welcome because I just found a Minnie Mouse cover like my Mickey Mouse one above AND I found the Mickey one in a bunch of different colors!
SHOP ALL APPLE WATCH ACCESSORIES
Get 15% off your purchase on jewelry bands with code ‘tara15’
There are so many options to dress up your Apple Watch with a ‘dressier’ watch band. There are a few times and places you don’t want to wear a silicon band and these watch bands above are perfect to dress up any outfit and add a bit of bling! You can shop these AND a million other styles by clicking HERE. Use code ‘tara15’ at checkout for 15% off your purchase!
These watch bands are some of my most used for everyday use – give me the silicon bands in any color and I’m a happy camper.
Here are some of my other favorite Apple Watch accessories!