You guys, I came home from getting my hair done today and not only had groceries been ORDERED & DELIVERED (more on that in a minute) but Braun was making chocolate chip cookies!
So of course I’m thinking “…oh, the girls must be baking and he took over for a minute” but they kids got home just a few moments later. Here was Braun, in the kitchen, baking cookies for, I think, the first time ever! I think all of us were standing there in shock and amazement.
And then I told him, “Hey, a girl could get used to this!”
And instead of offering to cook every night, it wasn’t long before he was trying to prove he was still manly by flexing his muscles and making Anisten feel how hard they were. (could you even imagine if women went around asking other people to feel their muscles?! Bahahaha)
She jokingly told him that his muscle was so hard because it was actually a bone.
He got a good laugh because it was actually his muscle and to him, that proved he was right. I love it when he shows all the different sides of himself and how versatile a dad can be!
Groceries On Demand
So then I thanked him for going grocery shopping (one less thing on my to-do list) and Anisten totally sold him out and said, “He didn’t go grocery shopping! He just had all of this delivered!”
And I gotta say, I’m proud that something I normally do is finally rubbing off on Braun! I can’t even tell you how many times Express delivery from Walmart has saved my hyde. Whether we’ve been on our way home from a long vacation and I suddenly realize that we have an empty fridge and pantry at home, or I needed something quick from the store but had a house full of kids, Express delivery is one of the things I take advantage of most.
I’ve been taking advantage of Express delivery* for about a year now and I absolutely love it! It’s the ultimate convenience and I literally use it a few times a week. It’s basically unlimited grocery delivery for a flat fee every single month! You can pay it monthly or pay for the year upfront and save!
Here’s why I love it:
- It’s the ultimate convenience
- Quick: get what you need delivered in 2 hours or less
- Lots of shopping options: groceries household essentials, OTC pharmacy, personal care, tech accessories, toys and more
- Deliver things to kids – anytime I’m traveling etc, I can easily place an order and have it delivered!
- Service available from 8am to 8pm every day
- Everyday Low Prices – no product/item markups, same prices as you would pay in-store
- EXTRA BONUS**: You come home and your husband has used it and is making everyone chocolate chip cookies! (best surprise EVER)
SHOP MY WALMART BEAUTY FAVORITES
• • •
If you want to try out Express delivery with a 15-day trial, click HERE to see if your address is eligible for this service!
And your husband might just surprise you and do the grocery shopping AND make you cookies! haha
and then you need to make these cookies!
Once you’ve gotten your significant other to do the shopping (I mean tapping a few things on their phone and having groceries appear on your porch) you definitely need to make these cookies!
They’re super yummy, super easy, and are perfect to feed to your super family! And if you’ve got any questions about Express delivery, drop them in the comments below!
And thanks to Walmart for sponsoring this post!
*Walmart Express delivery is subject to availability at select stores. Standard delivery fee and/or Express delivery fee may apply. Minimum order applies.
My Mom’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 lb Butter
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1.5 Cups Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1.5 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1.5 Teaspoon Salt
- 5-6 Cups Flour (until dough is stiff)
- 2 pkgs. Guittard Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Mix together flour, baking soda, and salt
- Mix together sugars and butter and mix until creamed together
- Add in eggs and vanilla
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Mix in chocolate chips
- Bake @ 350 just until the tops crack!
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.