So, you want to whip up something special for your sweetie on Valentine’s Day, but you’ve got no time to hit the grocery store. And no time to actually cook anything. Well, don’t panic yet, because I’ve found the perfect treat that will have your partner or kids saying, “Aww.” And “Gimme more!”
Let’s be honest, it’s probably going to be the latter.
Rice Krispies treats are one of those childhood desserts that I can’t seem to shake. They’re crunchy, crispy, oooey, gooey, buttery, sweet amazingness that is not only insanely delicious, they’re also cheap and easy to make at home. All you really need to have on hand for a standard batch is some butter, marshmallows, and crispy rice cereal!
But thanks to @AnnaIsTheWorst (Anna MacFarlane), we’re not talking about run-of-the-mill RKTs today.
Anna is a marshmallow master and has totally elevated this trusty classic! And don’t worry, anyone can make this dessert — I’m talking less than five ingredients and five minutes of cook time. Plus, even if you don’t have a hot date planned, these babies would make the perfect addition to a family game night!
the Secret Ingredient
These may look like your old trusty treat but there is an extra ingredient and an extra step that elevates these puppies!
Fruity Pebbles and Mini Marshmallows!
Make sure you’ve got at least a cup of the colorful stuff and 2 10oz bags of mini marshmallows in addition to your butter and rice krispies.
But before you start, make sure you’ve got a 9×13″ pan all lubed up! After that, make sure you follow the simple steps below!
Rice Krispie Fruity Pebble Marshmallow TreatsPrint Recipe
- 5 Cups Rice Krispies or Cripsy Rice Cereal (they do have gluten-free options!)
- 1 Cup Fruit Pebbles
- 2 10oz Bags of Mini Marshmallows
- 4 tbsp Butter (5 if you want to grease your pan)
- Melt your 4 Tbsp of butter
- Add 1 10oz Bag of Marshmallows
- Stir until mixture is smooth
- Add in 5 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- Add in 1 Cup Fruity Pebbles
- Add in 1/2 of the remaining 10oz bag
- Stir until combined
- Pour mixture into greased dish
- Allow to cool and cut into serving-sized squares
- Or eat them while they’re still warm!