If you know Braun or have heard about me talking about this, you know the one thing he loves about frequenting an establishment often is that they learn his name.
Me? I go for the food. My kids say my name all day every day. Rarely does someone cook me a meal, haha.
But, our favorite restaurant isn’t open 24/7 (this will become a thing, right?) and so I’ve taken it upon myself to figure out how to make some of my favorites at home!
First one up? Cubbys Quinoa Salad.
Truth be told, I make mine this way because I love Cubbys so much, but you could totally make this your own!
MY FAVORITE KITCHEN GADGETS
• • •
Quinoa lends itself to so many great combos! This salad would be so good with some grilled chicken, Indian seasoning and a few more greens, or with apples and clementines mixed in. It is super versatile and for that, I love it. This would be an AWESOME salad to make at the start of the week and eat throughout the week. Top with your favorite vinaigrette and call it a day!
Cubbys Copycat Quinoa SaladPrint Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa – cook according to directions. I used my instant pot.
- 1 can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped very small
- 1/2 red onion, chopped very small
- 1/2 bushel cilantro, chopped very small
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (optional but tasty!)
- 1 cup craisins
- Juice from a lime or 2
- Olive oil (I used about 1 Tbsp just to keep it from sticking together)
Cook quinoa according to directions on box. I used my instant pot because it cooks in 1 minute!
Once done, stir and allow to cool.
Add in the remaining ingredients.
Pour olive oil and lime juice over top. Stir to combine.
Taste it and possibly add more lime juice!