“What age is the right age for girls to start wearing makeup?” is a totally loaded question. There is no right answer and mostly, I feel it’s personal. Some girls start early due to acne, while others never really get into it. I feel like I’ve found a good balance with Emery and we’re slowly easing her in. Nothing that covers up her skin or feels too “makeup-y” and definitely no foundation or other makeup that would age her.
She’s 13. We want her looking fresh, with the natural skin I birthed her with, but with a little glow. Her makeup favorites, along with some of her all-time favorite beauty items are listed below!
EMERY’S FAVORITE BEAUTY PRODUCTS
2) TULA FACIAL CLEANSER: Just like me, Emery has been using this to wash her face. She’s at the age where she needs to take care of her skin! Use code TARATHUESON for 15% off your entire purchase!
3) NEUTROGENA FACIAL WIPES: Emery keeps a handful of these individually wrapped makeup removers in her bag at all times. They’re great for sleepovers, after sweaty hikes, and anytime she needs to wipe her face!
SHOP EMERY’S MUST-HAVE MAKEUP
• • •
6) MOROCCAN OIL: Remember when I said that Emery is no longer shampooing her hair? Well, this oil is helping her keep all that wonderful curl she’s been working on! You can check out her entire Curly Hair Routine HERE.
8) VERB CURL CREAM: This is the curl cream that made curls that looked so incredibly bouncy and touchable that we chased down a woman in a mall so you don’t have to!
Emery’s Makeup Favorites
Emery is only 13 years old. This means that she isn’t wearing a ton of makeup. The majority of cosmetics she is using are natural and you’ll notice that this list is missing things like foundation and bronzer. Most of this makeup is also translucent, so you can actually see her face, I would say the biggest thing we’ve got on here is mascara and even that is worn sparingly.
SHOP EMERY’S BEAUTY FAVORITES
• • •
5) GLOSSIER YOU: As far as perfumes go, this one is the least annoying and smelly. It’s perfect for a teen and I even love it. It’s the type of scent that adapts to the body and smells a bit different on everyone. And it’s one of my favorites!
We hope you love these as much as Emery does!