Having 4 kids and a husband with different likes and dislikes is enough to make a mom go crazy. Throw in a little Celiac Disease and Lactose Intolerance and there are days where you’ll feel like packing it in and calling it a day!
And any time I come across a recipe that everyone likes AND meets our unique dietary restrictions, we make sure we keep it in our permanent rotation! And that’s exactly how this Raspberry Roll recipe from Clean Monday Meals ended up here!
This Is Not Your Mother’s Gluten-Free Food
I am so thankful that I was not gluten-free in the mid-80s and 90s. I probably would have felt better but gluten-free food has come a LOOOONG way. Especially thanks to people like Janae Cox. Not only is she a gorgeous mother of 5, but she has paved the way for the rest of the celiac and gluten-intolerant population with her recipes that will have you wondering why you didn’t go gluten-free long ago!
Janae runs the website Clean Monday Meals and it’s full of recipes and Janae’s own experiences with Celiac Disease, PCOS, and all of the problems those illnesses offer. She’s also battled weight gain, struggled to lose weight, acne, hormone imbalance, infertility, bloating, stomach pains, hair loss, malnourishment, etc. She’s been there and she’s helping all of us through it one recipe at a time!
SHOP MY FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE FOODS/INGREDIENTS
• • •
Why I love this recipe
The dough in this can be used for so many things! Don’t love raspberries? Make your favorite cinnamon or orange roll filling (check out Janae’s cinnamon rolls HERE). Or garlic knots. Make pizza! It is so versatile and I promise, you will never know it’s gluten-free.
These are best right out of the oven… after they’ve cooled, they shrink down a bit. But heat them up in the microwave and they puff right back up.
Janae has also made making these dairy-free super easy! I’ve listed our favorite plant-based butter below (we use this butter for everything now… the flavor is great!) Make these up and then tell me what you think!
Gluten & Dairy-Free Raspberry Cream Cheese RollsPrint Recipe
For the Dough:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (we use Country Crock avocado butter for dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2-1/4 tsp Yeast Packet (it comes inside the package for the Pizza Crust)
- 1 cup water (warm)
- 3-1/4 cup Gluten-Free Pizza Crust
- White Rice Flour or Organic White Rice Flour (as needed for dusting.. I used Pamelas because I use it for everything)
For the filling:
- 1/4 cup softened butter (we use Country Crock avocado butter for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the frosting:
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature (use Daiya cream cheese for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (use Country Crock Avocado Butter for dairy-free) at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add 1 Tbsp of the sugar to the warm water.
- Sprinkle the yeast packet on top of the water and let sit 5 minutes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, making sure to blend in thoroughly.
- Add the yeast mixture to the butter/egg mixture and blend.
- Add in the pizza crust mix; blend two minutes.
- Heavily dust a 2-foot long sheet of wax paper with rice flour — spread batter over the length of the wax paper, about 19 inches.
- Using warm water, wet your hands, and press the dough outward to fill the sheet.
- Keep your hands wet. Once the batter evenly covers the wax paper, brush melted butter over the batter from edge to edge.
- Sprinkle dough with 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, carefully stir together the frozen raspberries, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and cornstarch.
- Sprinkle raspberry mixture over the dough.
- Cut the roll into 1 1/2 inch pieces and gently place the disks into the 8 x 8 inch or 9 x 13 inch greased pan. (It is okay to crowd them.)
- Let the rolls rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool until the butter stops bubbling, then flip out onto a plate.
If you’re dairy-free, skip the cream cheese frosting OR use daiya cream cheese and dairy-free butter. They’re so good plain though. For everyone else, frost and enjoy!
To get more fantastic, yummy, and healthy recipes for all your favorites head to www.cleanmondaymeals.com where Janae has the most incredible library of original recipes!