I’m just gonna say it: Instagram is my favorite social media app.
It’s super friendly, community-based, and is totally my jam. I spend the majority of my time there and I love keeping up with my favorite people and getting a glimpse into how they live their lives! And my favorite way to do this is through Instagram Stories. They’re engaging, a little bit like reality tv clips, and they help each of us connect with the other.
But in a sea of millions, it can be hard to stand out or feel like you’re able to put your own stamp on them. Here are 5 apps I love to use to stand out from the pack!
5 Apps For Instagram Stories
This is probably my new favorite and is the one to use for animated text videos or with images that you want to put animated text on!
- hundreds of animated templates (make it look like you are more video savvy that you are!)
- tons of effects and layouts
- available on phone and tablet
- in-app purchases
- put music with your clips!
SHOP MY TECH FAVORITES
• • •
This is one of the highest-rated Instagram Story editing apps on both the Play Store (4.7 stars) and Apple Store (4.8 stars). This app is very easy to use, as it provides a huge variety of preset templates that you can directly use to create your Instagram Stories.
Apart from the templates, it also provides myriad options to add design effects. You can add text with varying fonts, filters, themes, and other design effects.
- 200 plus free templates
- 20 plus themes
- Weekly template additions
It doesn’t get much easier than this app. Select a background and start typing your message. The app has a bunch of layouts with different font and typeface options to choose from.
- Over 50 typographic styles
- 100+ fonts and typefaces
- Advanced text styling tools
- Hundreds of quotes to use for your Stories
- Thousands of stock images to choose from
- Gradients, shadows, and distortion features for text enhancement
You can get Typorama on iOS
I haven’t totally figured out everything this app has going on because it’s in Japanese…BUT, it does have super cute story templates that I think are worth checking out! It almost seems to be a social network and editor in one.
- select photo or video orientations
- vlog templates
- 100’s of picture layouts
- frames for all types of media
You can download Jane on iOS
SHOP 4th OF JULY FAVORITES
• • •
5) Canva Stories
You probably know about Canva, but they recently launched Canva Stories which makes it 10 times easier to create fun stories with super creative layouts! It has one of the biggest collections of templates that you can use to create engaging, unique and eye-catching stories!
Apart from these features, Canva Stories has everything you love from the original: various fonts, text, filters, etc. The app can be used to create and share images to multiple platforms.
- 60,000+ templates
- Over 1 million background images
- Design tools like design grids, photo vignette, photo blur, and photo enhancer
- A large collection of stickers, badges, icons, frames, and textures
• • • • • • • •
There are so many good apps ou there and you should make a habit of downloading and trying a new one each week! It keeps your stories fresh! If you find a new one you love, tell me in the comments below!