I honestly thought I’d hit the jackpot when I got our T8 AIVI DEEBOT a few months ago. Especially with us spending almost our entire spring and summer at home. It felt like there were 10 more loads of laundry each day, 20 more loads of dishes, and the floor…oy. One word: Disgusting.
I thought those people who had robot vacuums were a little eccentric. Like “yes, a robot who sweeps would be awesome but do I ACTUALLY need it?”
And after months of having mine, my answer is a resounding “YES!”
Did I just constantly step on the crumbs on my floor? Yes. Did they get so pulverized that they no longer crunched? Also, yes. Floors are gross. And once we got Goldie and Pennie, our no-shoes-in-the-house rule quickly became obsolete because they drag everything, and I mean everything, in on their hair! If you’re a dog parent, you know.
When I decided to finally bite the bullet, I honestly didn’t know where to start. But you know me, I am REALLY particular and did a TON of homework. For me, it had to have a few features:
- long run-time (nothing that needed to dock and recharge every 30 minutes)
- App interface (I had to be able to control it via an app)
- High user reviews (real people reviews)
- Easy to use (I love tech but I’m not a rocket scientist)
- Quiet (this needs no explanation)
With automatic carpet detection DEEBOT OZMO T8 AIVI intelligently avoids carpets when mopping and double suction power while vacuuming. And it has a 99.26% bacteria removal rate – if you’re as concerned about bacteria as I am right now, you need one of these!
My model also has:
- AIVI Technology that detects and avoids objects on the floor
- It does it’s 2X’s faster at identifying obstructions than it’s competitors AND gets stuck 60% less
- TrueMapping Technology that can map your home with more accuracy
- Plus it gets smarter – the more it cleans your floors, the smarter it gets at mapping it and better at identifying objects that aren’t where they should be
- On-Demand HD Camera for Home Monitoring
- This means I can see where it’s getting hung up or spy on Goldie and Pennie (or the kids) when I’m not in the room or at home
- Up to 3 hours runtime
- App Control with Advanced Map Management, Multi-Floor Mapping, Virtual Boundaries
- This maps all floors of my home + lets me restrict where it goes. Carpet? It smartly avoids that all on it’s own!
- Smart Home Compatible
- Who ever imagined a time where we could order one robot to boss around our other robot? This thing works with Google Home and Alexa.
Why didn’t kids come with these settings?
They Just Upped Their Game
They’re geniuses over at Ecovacs. I’m just going to say that now.
Imagine, coming downstairs in the morning and crumbs from last night’s dinner are gone from the floor. The cereal from the morning before has also been swept up. And to top it off, your floor has been mopped.
But now instead of your vacuum losing suction and not working again until you empty it, the DEEBOT T8 and T8 AIVI model now work with an Auto-Empty Station. The Auto-Empty Station cleans the DEEBOT’s dustbin automatically after cleaning, with the station’s disposable dust bag holding up to 30 days of dirt and debris.
Guys, I can’t make this stuff up! Someone who has messy floors and was sick of walking on dirt had to have invented this thing.
And it can really go wherever you like! Store it in the laundry room or have the station in the mudroom. I keep mine in my laundry room!
THE TECH SPECS
DEEBOT T8 / T8 AIVI Auto-Empty Station automatically empties DEEBOT’s dustbin into a disposable bag within the station, saving even more time and tasks for weeks of maintenance-free cleaning:
- Its large 2.5L capacity holds weeks of dust, debris, and pet hair
- Hypo-allergenic bags lock in particles for easy and dust-free disposal
- Bag full notification through the ECOVACS Home app and DEEBOT’s voice alert lets you know when it’s time for a new bag
- Charges your DEEBOT after each cleaning so it’s ready for the next cleaning
You can literally set and forget it for up to 30 days. Can you even imagine not having to tell your kids to do their chores for 30 days but they still get done? Yeah…me either.
Ok, ok, I swear my kids are good. And I’m sure your’s are doing the very best they can as well. I still own one of these.
Because I’m allowed to have a robot helper that makes my life easier and me nicer. As much as I had gotten used to the crunch beneath my feet, I much rather prefer a smooth wood surface. And my DEEBOT + my new Auto-Empty Station has been a sanity saver.
You can learn more about the T8 and the Auto-Empty Station by clicking HERE!
And once you get it, let’s zoom so I can admire your clean floors from afar. Just like any good friend would do.