sponsored by Forever 21 and Shopstyle
It’s a new year but we’re almost through that January slump! Anytime we feel like we’re in a rut, a nice wardrobe refresh is one way to shake things up. Emery has always been into clothing but as she’s gotten older, it’s been fun to watch her sense of style evolve and she’s really picking pieces that reflect her fun personality. They’re colorful, perfect for any activity (yes, we still want to look cute even when we’re stuck home). But she’s also at the age where she’s going out more with her friends and she wants to look cute and stand out. And as her mom, I prefer she does that without breaking the bank! Forever 21 is a great place to start for affordable, size-inclusive fashion that’s on-trend!
Teen Style With Forever 21
1) The High-Rise Straight Jeans remind me of my jeans in Jr. High and I love that they’re back in style. They look super cute with a fitted top and some sneakers.
2) Graphic Tees are the perfect uniform and these vintage Beatles ones have a rock’n’roll vibe that’s really fun!
3) Emery has also been loving oversized button-downs that provide an extra layer of warmth. They are great for layering and keep her warm without the added bulk of a big jacket while in school. She also loves to tie them around her waist.
4) This Ribbed Denim Jacket is super cute and comes in black denim or classic blue. It’s warm and layered and looks awesome paired with a skirt or jeans!
5) Matching sets are big right now and this Ribbed No Thanks Cami perfectly matching a set that we got for Emery that I’ve linked below.
6) This Terry Cloth Shirt & Shorts set matches the tank above and is super cute as well.
7) Both emery and Anisten love a Ribbed Lettuce-Edge Tee. It elevates the look, adds some fun design elements, and makes it feel dressier than a basic tee!
8) None of my girls could say no to this Leopard Print Tank Top. It’s cute really well, covers a lot of skin for a tank top. I also like it layered underneath pieces.
9) A Zip-Front Cropped Sweater is perfect for layering! It’s basically a cardigan zip – a little more modern than a standard button-down one.
10) Here’s another Quilted Zip-up Hoodie that my girls really loved. It comes in 3 colors and looks so good layered.
11) Emery has never met a skirt she didn’t love! This Pleated Mini Skirt is no exception and the length is perfect, I love that she can layer in the winter with tights and go bare legged.
12) We also grabbed these Corduroy Cuffed Shorts and I know she’s going to be wearing these non-stop.
14) This Lip Graphic Tee is sooo good! It’s subtle, super soft, and a bit bigger fit.
JEWELRY & ACCESSORIES
1) Forever 21 also has a great range of bags, jewelry, and accessories – Emery picked out this Faux Leather Shoulder Bag to use when she goes out!
2) We love necklaces in this house and I thought this Toggle Bar Chain Layered Necklace would give her my look.
3) Emery is having a ton of fun with her curls and these Heart-Shaped Bobby Pins look soo cute styled in her hair. Bobby pins are a great alternative to keep your hair back but make it fun with different shapes and designs.
4) Another option for keeping your hair back is this Leopard-print headscarf.
5) She’s also really been into rings lately and this Curb Chain Ring mimics a lot of the ones I’ve seen around. It’s chunky without being overly big and the texture and pattern are super cute!
6) A Heart Locket Pendant Necklace is a classic choice and something that looks great layered or as a statement piece, all on its own.
7) I love a good signet ring and Forever 21 has an Engraved Ring Set that comes with 4 rings all with different designs. These might be the ones I’m stealing from Emery this time!
8) For a while I couldn’t stop calling these Heart Cutout Ear Jackets, ear sandwiches. They’re SUPER CUTE! And they are flattering on every single person.
9) I love that a lot of the pieces Emery chose are personalized pieces like this Text Pendant Necklace. I love having my kid’s initials on my chains and now she can rep her own.
10) Not gonna lie, I love that Butterfly Claw Clips are back! They’re great for holding back hair and adding fun and whimsy to an outfit.