With illness in the headlines everywhere and everyone around me taking sick days, I’m grasping at anything that says it will boost my immune system! 2021 is the year that we’re stepping it up a notch and focusing on our health. That means getting more sleep, drinking more water, fortifying our immune systems, and taking care of our mental wellness.
Luckily, whatever is going around already hit our house but that’s made me more determined than ever to armor our immune systems so we don’t catch a second wave! In fact, overall health and wellness is one of our family goals for 2021!
When we first got sick, we were very lucky to have so many awesome people reach out to us with some great suggestions about supplements that would help fortify our immune systems:
- ZINC: may help your immune system and metabolism function, and is also important to wound healing and your sense of taste and smell.
- VITAMIN E: may play several roles in your body, including serving as an antioxidant and boosting heart and eye health.
- VITAMIN C: may aid in many biological functions, including the synthesis of collagen, the healing of wounds, and the repair and maintenance of cartilage, bones, and teeth. Vitamin C is also an antioxidant, meaning that it can neutralize free radicals that damage cells at the genetic level.
- ELDERBERRY: is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that may boost your immune system. They could help tame inflammation, lessen stress, and help protect your heart, too. Some experts recommend elderberry to help prevent and ease cold and flu symptoms
- VITAMIN D: may play a significant role in the regulation of calcium and maintenance of phosphorus levels in the blood. These factors are vital for maintaining healthy bones.
- ECHINACEA: has an effect on the immune system, your body’s defense against germs. Research shows it increases the number of white blood cells, which fight infections. A review of more than a dozen studies, published in 2014, found the herbal remedy had a very slight benefit in preventing colds.
- MUCINEX: the main active ingredient in Mucinex is guaifenesin, which is an expectorant. Expectorants are medications that theoretically thin mucus. They loosen the congestion in your chest and throat and make it easier for you to remove the mucus by coughing.
MAKING IT SIMPLE
Your family, like ours, might be made up of a lot of different ages and abilities. This means that we don’t have a one-size-fits-all supplement solution. We love the options of gummies or powders to help our littlest ones get the nutrients and vitamins they need to stay strong. It also means that we adults get a break too from the pill taking and get to have a little fun with our own gummies! Some of our favorites are the Elderberry gummies from Sambucus and the Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies!
SHOP ALL SUPPLEMENTS
• • •
Of course, I make it super simple on myself and just take advantage of my Walmart+ membership‘s free delivery from my local store on orders $35+ (restrictions apply). I have our supplements included in our grocery delivery and it makes it simple to make sure we’re stocked up and staying healthy!
If you don’t know where to start, you can always check out Walmart’s Wellness Hub for inspiration for eating better, fueling your exercise, practicing self-care, and boosting your mental wellness. No matter your New Year’s resolution, I hope your year is filled with increased levels of health and wellness! Thank you to Walmart for sponsoring this post!