We plan to spend a ton of time in St. George this summer, which means I finally have to cave and buy doubles of some of my favorite things to eliminate what I have to carry back and forth. I know, I know, you guys have been telling me for months to do this anyway.
The first area I thought of was definitely hair products.. Since Emery and I use the same stuff, it’ll make it easier on both of us. We stopped at Sephora inside JCPenney to grab some of the essentials. We both survive on the Olaplex line – Emery doesn’t use shampoo but I haven’t kicked that from my routine all the way.. Here’s what we use:
- Olaplex Shampoo –This is their No. 4 bottle. It’s designed for bond maintenance on damaged hair and it’s good for any hair type. It’s free from harsh chemicals and is safe on color treated hair. If you use heat at all on your hair or don’t get it cut regularly, it’s probably damaged.. I recommend this shampoo and the conditioner to everyone. It has made the BIGGEST difference in my hair. It is softer, smoother and shinier!
- Olaplex Conditioner – This is their No. 5 bottle. It’s the pair for the shampoo, so it’s made for the same bond repair. The conditioner also combats dryness in hair. When I started using this I saw a huge decline in frizziness after even one wash! My hair is NOTICEABLY softer when I use this product! A little goes a very long way.
- Olaplex No. 6 – I use this one regardless of how my hair is… both straight and curly.. my frizzy hair could NOT function without this. I have used this for years and will never go without it.
- Olaplex Mask – This is their No. 8 bottle. This is the best for those coily curls. It locks in moisture to even the thickest of hair! It is basically a deep conditioner that you use in the shower. It locks in the hydration and makes your hair super soft and smooth.
They also have some other items from Olaplex there that you should look into and see if your hair could use them..
- Olaplex No. 0 – you have to use this one and No. 3.. it’s a two step system designed to strengthen and repair all hair types from chemical or heat damage. They also say it repairs from mechanical or environmental damage. Reading reviews, this two step system is the ultimate split end mend.
- Olaplex No. 3 – this is the second step from the one listed above. It recommends using the two step treatment 2-3 times a week depending on the amount of damage you have.
- Olaplex No. 7 – his is a bonding oil.. I bought this about 6 months ago and really like it. I mix it with the No. 6. The bottle is small and a little goes a long way. Hair oil is the only thing Emery uses to style her hair so I think I might pick this up so we can try it.
Shop our Olaplex favorites:
Another product I found in Sephora inside JCPenney was the beloved Supergoop! I never thought I’d have to fend Braun off for a bottle of sunscreen, so when I saw it I stocked up.. Doesn’t everyone want sunscreen that helps to fix things like fine lines and wrinkles, loss of firmness and elasticity, and uneven texture!? Oh and doesn’t’ feel like sunscreen? Best part about it. I get the following:
- Supergoop! Unseen Sunscreen – I picked up some for myself, for the kids and for Braun. We all love this stuff. Have you ever used clear sunscreen?? When they say unseen, they really mean it. You also can’t feel it. The formula is awesome too.
- Supergoop! Glowscreen – I use this one too. It’s tinted and gives me a total extra glow under my makeup. I was hesitant on it but fell in love the first time I used it. It gives you more of a dewy finish than the Unseen one.
Sephora inside JCPenney also carries a couple others that I haven’t tried yet that are a bit different, they are 100% mineral sunscreens.
- Supergoop! Sheerscreen – This one is a sheer satin finish, the cream is white.
- Supergoop! Mattescreen – This one gives you that matte/blur finish and covers your pores. It’s tinted.
Shop Supergoop! Facial Sunscreens:
I also grabbed this outfit when I was at JCPenney! TTS in both pieces. They’ve got a ton of cute options for clothing but I didn’t have much time to browse between running the kids here, there and everywhere the other day. I also grabbed this shirt.. I have bought this again and again! I love how it fits. It comes in a bunch of colors.
Shop my JCPenney Haul:
Double stocking was a hot topic on my instagram for awhile.. if you have two places you commonly travel, do you stock both fully!? Also – I wanna know what your summer plans are! Hop on over to my IG post to tell me all the things.