Ok, Utah and Jell-O jokes aside, this is seriously one of my family’s favorite salads (yes, we do sweet, fruity salads over here) and it’s a staple at BBQs, family get-togethers, and really any time we can come up with a good excuse to fit this in!
The tools here are what make this salad really FUN to make! I don’t know about you but I HATE pulling/cutting the stems out of strawberries. This little device has a claw that grasps the stem and pulls is straight from the strawberry. The one I have linked also comes with a slicer so you’re getting the entire job done!
And the banana slicer is one of my favorites! You’ve seen me talk about it before and I totally geek out over gadgets that I love. Slide the banana into this thing and it slices 5 slices at a time. It’s awesome. I like it a ton more than the slicer that is shaped like a banana (my bananas never fit those!). Other than these two tools, everything else is pretty straightforward.
Give this recipe a try and I promise that your family will love it as much as mine – and get creative! I have tried orange Jell-O with mandarin oranges and bananas and it was a hit as well! So try this recipe out and let me know in the comments below if you loved it as much as I think you will!
Strawberry Jell-O Salad
- 16 oz cottage cheese
- 8 oz thawed whipped topping
- 1 3oz. Package strawberry flavored jello mix
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1/2 bag mini marshmallows
- In a mixing bowl, combine the jello mix and cottage cheese. Mix well and chill for 1/2 an hour.
- Add sliced strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows to the jello/cottage cheese mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in whipped topping; chill and serve.